Web Marketing Strategy
Contents of the Article
- 1 Set up a Web Marketing Strategy
- 1.1 Competitor analysis
- 1.2 Interception of the Objectives
- 1.3 Interception of the Reference Target
- 2 What are the Channels of Web Marketing and Communication?
- 3 Criteria for Choosing Web Marketing Channels
- 4 How to distinguish the Channels of Web Marketing and Communication
- 5 The most profitable Web Marketing and Communication Channels
- 6 Errors not to be committed
You’re entering digital, but you do not know where to start? Not sure which Web Marketing and Communication Channels are right for your business? Or your Strategy is already active, but you can not reach the desired results? I warn you, you’re in the right place, you’ll have solved your problem at the end of this article.
Very often, the mistake lies in not knowing how to recognize the most profitable Web Marketing and Communication Channels. This phase is very delicate, although it is not the first to do. The first step is to lay the foundations of a Good Web Marketing Strategy. Let’s see how.
Set up a Web Marketing Strategy
Many Web Marketing Strategies are activated immediately, including all Communication Channels, without preferences of any kind. In reality, an excellent Web Marketing Strategy should start with:
- an adequate analysis of the current context, in which you will operate, and of the Competitors;
- the provision of Goals to be achieved;
- interception of the Reference Target;
Studying the opponent’s moves is a very useful aid in setting up a strategy oriented towards success. Let’s see how.
- Identify the Principal Competitors (max 3);
- Studying the Client / Follower of the Competitor (age, sex, social status, job position, interests …);
- Analyze the behavior (what it does, why and how it behaves with the Competitor);
- Check all the Web Marketing and Communication Channels used by the Competitors;
This Competitor Analysis is useful for entering the same wavelength as your Adversaries, saving resources in terms of time and budget.
Interception of the Objectives
Another basic element to set up a Web Marketing Strategy is to choose your Business Objectives
The main reason why a company should have a strategy is to grow and increase its profits. It is more than obvious that the use of money always implies an ROI , that is, a return on investment.
Now, it is a motivation that must take into account many other variables. For example, it is useless to take care of your Facebook perfectly, when employees do not know how to interact with potential customers or are able to sell absolutely nothing. Therefore, there is always a need for a good compromise between Online and Offline Activities .
Brand Awareness, Lead Generation and Customer Care
That said, let’s understand together how to face the challenge of this Facebook Marketing Strategy.
First of all, let’s go and identify the three most important goals:
- Brand Awareness (increase in brand awareness)
- Lead Generation (generation of a database of profiled contacts)
- Customer Care (attention shown to the customer)
Each of these can be achieved by applying different tactics, illustrated in the Connection phase. But … By embarking on a path oriented towards these three objectives, how do we understand if we are walking well and in the right direction?
One of the methods for identifying and assessing objectives is the SMART Method by Peter Druck, coined in 1954, which defined 5 criteria. A goal is:
- Specific Specific (“increasing coverage” of posts is not a goal, “increase coverage by 20% over last year” is)
- Measurable measurable (must be quantified in money, in percentage or according to an internal scale of values)
- Achievable Access (must be attainable with the tools that you have available)
- Realistic Realistic (have you calculated if it’s really worth it?)
- Timed Time-Based (can it be linked to an expiration?)
In this way, we will be sure that the goal is well defined, clear and measurable.
- How can I measure the increase in brand awareness?
- How can I form a database of profiled contacts?
- How can I measure the attention shown to customers and potential customers?
Now, everything is about setting goal measurement units and setting an expiration date.
Interception of the Reference Target
To identify the Target of Reference means to analyze, study and define who is the Customer’s Potential. The ideal would be to have all the information available and create the profile of a typical customer.
This approach allows you to contact with your products or services to a Public Profile, that is potentially interested in your Business or accumulated by the same characteristics and very similar interests. This phase is very delicate, perhaps the most at risk of the whole project; it is very easy to make mistakes. In fact, to mistake the Target of your Web Marketing Strategy means to contact People not interested in your Business; this inevitably breaks down the foundations of the whole Strategy.
What are the Channels of Web Marketing and Communication?
Now that we have identified the fundamental basics of a Strategy, we can list the Channels of Web Marketing and Communication and identify those that could do for us.
When I talk about Web Marketing and Communication Channels, I refer to:
- Google (Search Engine)
- Facebook (Social Network)
- YouTube (Video Search Engine)
- Instagram (Social Network)
- Twitter (Social Network)
- LinkedIn (Social Network)
- WhatsApp (Messaging System)
Such Channels are the most widespread and the most used. For convenience, I have omitted many other tools, because they have a lower number of users.
Selection criteria for Web Marketing Channels
I’ll ask you a few questions to make your business easier.
- How long do you want to achieve your goals?
In reality, it depends on the possibility of immediately intercepting your potential customers. Through Google, it is possible to propose following a specific user request. For example, a camera vendor can be found by users who, being interested in buying a camera, carry out specific research on the type of product. In this case, in terms of time, what makes the difference is that the seller can be found in Google search results, following an SEO Optimization job, which can last weeks or months, or through Google Campaigns AdWords , which allow you to position the site immediately. The same situation can occur on Facebook, where, despite the question intercepted is different, in the same way the Pay Per Click Campaigns can speed up and amplify the process of dissemination of the activities of the Brand.
- Is the Question Latent or Conscious?
Determining the Target of Reference is fundamental for any type of Advertising Campaign, we have seen it before. The choice of the Web Marketing and Communication Channels also depends on the type of Target. Some of these, like Facebook, respond to a Latent Question , ie the Public is not explicitly interested in the Product / Service, but could become so; others, like Google, respond, instead, to a Conscious Question , ie the Public is literally looking for the type of Product / Service proposed.
To Deepen: Why Define the Target on Facebook?
- Which Product / Service do you promote?
Do you sell on the Web or in the store? Is it a B2B / B2C Product / Service? Are these events or courses aimed at a specific audience? In this analysis, you can meet the Target, because knowing who to turn to, it will be easier to transmit the values and values of your business. Furthermore, for those who sell a large catalog of products through E-Commerce, it is essential to identify those to invest in, based on salable and profit margins.
- What is the Reference Market?
What is the behavior of the people with respect to the type of product / service proposed? Which approach is the best? Have you analyzed the Competitors? What do they offer? Use this way to identify the Web Marketing Channels that could be better than others.
- When do you have Budget available?
All channels of the Web can be used effectively regardless of the budget. Having a limited budget does not mean that you can not promote yourself online with Google or Facebook; indeed, sometimes it represents a deterrent. The important thing, if you are not already on the Web with a strong and defined image, is to face the creation of content and the launch of Advertising Campaigns in a progressive way and concentrating its resources initially only on the markets that better perceive the Offers proposals. When a ROI is evident, that is a Return on Investment, it will be possible to increase the investment until the market is sutured.
Through this little GUIDE, you will be oriented in choosing the Web Marketing and Communication Channels that best suit your current situation.
How to distinguish the Channels of Web Marketing and Communication
At this point, once a good Context Analysis has been carried out, the Objectives to be reached and Targeted and Timed are set, finally we deal with the choice of Communication Channels. First of all, let’s distinguish them in:
- owned (Website, Blog, App) or controlled by Brand / Companies (Social Networks);
- purchased (PPC, Sponsorships, Purchase of Keyword);
- earned (References, Word of mouth, Feedback …);
An excellent Web Marketing Strategy is based on the balance of these three approaches: the weakness of one of these could destabilize the whole project.
The most profitable Web Marketing and Communication Channels
Which is the most suitable channel? What generates greater results. So, how to find the most suitable one? Let’s see it right away.
It is the first communication tool on the Web : a completely customizable space, the online business card of your company. It is not only important that it is aesthetically beautiful, appealing and that shows perfectly your products / services, but it is essential that it is designed and implemented by a Web Designer , able to make it functional, in relation to the achievement of your goals, which is Optimized SEO Side, and perfectly matching your needs. For this, we are here!